Skip to content

Online Requests

Below is a list of ISSS requests that can now be completed online. To avoid interference with ISSS data collection, faculty and staff should not initiate requests, unless otherwise directed by ISSS. Please contact ISSS with any questions.

Note: If you have already started a specific online request, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online request.
  • Document Upload Form - Securely submit requested documents to ISSS. Only use this form if the document you are submitting is not a part of any application available through the ISSS Portal.
  • Initial I-20/DS-2019 Student Request - application for an initial I-20/DS-2019 for admitted international students and accepted exchange students
  • J-1 Exchange Visitor Request - application for a DS-2019 to begin a scholar program at Vanderbilt (i.e. visiting lecturer, post-doc, research scholar, professor, etc.)
  • J-1 Student Intern Request - application for a DS-2019 to begin a student intern program at Vanderbilt (must be a currently enrolled student in good standing at a college/university outside the U.S. for the duration of the proposed internship)
  • Pre-Arrival Form -  arrival notification for new students (exchange, undergraduate, graduate and professional)
  • New Student/Scholar Document Upload - provide your current address and upload copies of your passport, I-20/DS-2019 and I-94 before attending the in-person check in session.
  • Updated Initial Document Request (Student) - Request your updated initial I-20 or DS-2019 for entry to the U.S.
  • OPT Employment Update - If you are an F-1 student and need to report employer information for OPT, you must submit this separate form.
  • SEVP Portal - This is an optional portal available for F-1 students with approved OPT. If you choose to set up a portal account, you must still report all new and updated employment information directly to ISSS using the OPT Employment Update form above.
  • STEM OPT Extension - F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.
  • Student Academic Training (AT) - J-1 students requesting advance off-campus work authorization for employment training or practical experience, related to their field of study.
  • Student On-Campus Employment - J-1 students requesting on-campus employment authorization at Vanderbilt
  • VUMC Practical Experience Request - F-1 students who have an offer to participate in a paid or unpaid practical experience at VUMC must request prior authorization. Use this form to submit your request to ISSS for review.